Monday, November 25, 2013

Zippin` and Zappin`

This was a bit of a rough weekend for me.  I was having some of the more annoying symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis.  The dreaded electrical shocks.  *shudder* For anyone who is reading this and not sure of what I am talking about I'll try to explain.

The sensation for me is much like I am constantly being surprised.  My body tenses and my heart feels like it is skipping beats.  My face and extremities are tingly and feel like they are in motion even when I am sitting. I feel zips and zaps, but imagine a prolonged static electrical zap.  Any small movement makes the sensation all the more intense to the point where I feel as if I can not breath properly, at that point I have to calm myself or risk the chance of having a panic attack.  Sometimes it feels as is if I am falling.  Now imagine all this going on for days with no real relief. Add to it the constant numbness in my right side, speech problems, and  you can see why I was a teary eyed mess.  Well that and the fact my 16 year old is in NYC for the week with her school band.  I miss her.

 I truly hate when the monster rears its ugly head like this.  I have things to do, yo!

Today is not as bad, but I still feel the sensations although not as intensely.   I'm going to try to get a run in and see if I feel any better, but right now I do not have high hopes.  Uggggghhhh.

These are the reasons this disease is so hard to take for many of us.  We go along in our life for weeks sometimes even months not being completely symptom free, but enough that life feels normal and then BOOM, "HERE'S JOHNNY!". It's always at a very inopportune time, again I have things to do.

UPDATE: I went for a very cold run.  2.5 miles after posting this, and I do feel a bit better I still have a weird feeling.  Meh....dreading making "the call".....
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment