Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cod loins

This post today is just for fun.  I have been stuck in the house for a week not due to my M.S., but because of the duhn duhn daaaaa......POLAR VORTEX.  We have gotten snow and more snow, our roads were impassable and our county made it illegal to drive unless you are emergency personnel.  I was losing it The Shining style!  I finally got to go to the grocery store-wow, who knew I'd be so excited about going to the grocery store?- yesterday and this is what I saw. 
 
 
Just a few Observations made grocery shopping today:
First I had no idea cod had loins and I burst out laughing like a weirdo when I saw the sign. I stood there tempted to ask random strangers "do cod really have loins? Don't they need legs?"  I just settled for taking a picture instead.
Photo: Just a few Observations made grocery shopping today:
First I had no idea cod had loins and I burst out laughing like a weirdo when I saw the sign.
The baking aisle was a ghost town, but I couldn't even get close to the yogurt display. Everyone is getting started on those resolutions.
Apparently bananas are a hot commodity after people have been stuck inside for days.  I expect to see lots of posts about banana bread very soon.
The elderly will steal  markdowns products right out your cart when you're not looking. No proof on this one just a gut feeling, I know I put those mushrooms in my cart.......

The baking aisle was a ghost town, but I couldn't even get close to the yogurt display. Those New Year's resolutions are in full force.

Apparently bananas are a hot commodity after people have been stuck inside for days. I expect to see lots of posts about banana bread very soon.

The elderly will steal markdowns products right out your cart when you're not looking. No proof on this one just a gut feeling, I know I put those mushrooms in my cart.
 
Everyone in the store had this dazed look about them as if they couldn't believe they were really out of their houses. No friend it's not a dream, we are in Kroger and your blocking the spaghetti sauce
 
All in all everyone was really pleasant and as a person who likes to strike up silly conversations with random people, I felt my silliness was appreciated and many times reciprocated today. 
 
Cod loins, who knew? 

No comments:

Post a Comment