Saturday, December 8, 2012

intro to me

I have been Dx'd with the old Multiple Sclerosis monster for about 21 years now.  I was just 20 years old and have had to grow up with this disease.  I had to learn how to be my own advocate with doctors, hospitals, insurance companies, and even my own family.  I am married with 2 now teen daughters who have also had to  grow up with this disease. It's been a rough road and I learned a lot about myself and others, some I found I could really count on and others who have quietly faded into the distance. I suppose that's all about growing up too. I feel like  I need to talk about M.S. with people who get what I'm talking about when I say "I'm tired", because I have found that most people really don't understand the extent of my tiredness unless they have M.S.  Maybe I just need to rant and cry to someone who will understand that crying comes with the territory.  Maybe my unclear and jumbled thought process will be more appreciated by folks with the same inconsistent and sometimes spotty cognitive issues.  Maybe I'll just post a recipe. I don't know, but I hope that once I get it together I'll be able to make something useful out of all this for myself and few other lost M.Sers.

No comments:

Post a Comment