Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Last Few Months

Seems I'm back after a long few months.  Life just didn't allow me the time or clarity to post anything recently.  I have to be honest I'm still not experiencing the clarity of mind that I would want, but such as life with Mutliple Sclerosis.

Here are a few updates:
  I moved my daughter down to college in August. She is 4 hours away and it feels like she is a whole continent away.  She is my hero.  She has taken this new challenge on and is thriving through all the stressful, sleepless nights of studying.  She has her eyes on Johns Hopkins for med school.  Did I ever mention she is a Neuroscience major?  Most people think she chose that line of study because she grew up with me and M.S., that may be partially true, but she also has an insatiable need to know how our bodies work.

The fifteen year old has switched her focus from all dance to theater. She is determined to be on stage in New York someday,  This girl has a talent for everything creative.  Writing is becoming a passion for her and let me tell you she is good.  She wrote a fictional story about an abusive mother who turns out to be a serial killer.  At one point the teacher actually wrote on her paper "oh dear, I hope this is fiction?"  Well duh.  I told her if your creative writing teacher doesn't question your home life then your not doing it right.

My parents are in the middle of a move to a new home that has been a total cluster fuck from the get go. They decided to downsize due to my Dad's health. They had quite a bit of land and a larger house. It breaks my heart because this was my Dad's dream home when they moved in 15 years ago. He worked so hard his whole life and accomplished things most of his family couldn't.  He never graduated high school, but worked his ass off, holding sometimes two and three jobs.  When he had to stop working due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and IPF (hardening of the lungs) he was lost.  This house became his sanctuary. Thanks to my Ma and her skill with plantings the property looked like a park. I took him aside and said, "I know this is not ideal or where you thought you would be at this stage of your life, but I'm here and will help make the new house a home for you".  I have only seen my dad cry a few times. He didn't cry then, but his eyes teared up and that kind of broke something in me.

I'm still taking my Tecfidera twice a day. I'm still itching like a dog with fleas from it, but at least I don't to poke myself with needles anymore.   I feel like my eyes are a bit jacked up from from this stuff, but I haven't made a doctors appointment. I will soon.

So there you have it. My recent life in a blog post. So exciting right?

No comments:

Post a Comment