Friday, November 15, 2013

A runner who's not getting over it





I just got around to reading the Chad Stafko  OK, You're a runner .Get over article from the Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304448204579186401818882202 If you haven't read it  he basically states most runners do it for the attention and glory and we are attention hogs.

Guess what? He's right! For me at least he is.  I love that my family is proud of me for running a half marathon.   I love that I'm an example for my girls to never give up, even though I have wanted to because an exacerbation has kept me off the running trails for weeks.  Hell, exacerbations keep me from just basically functioning a lot of the time.

 I love seeing my photos from races where I look strong, because there have been so many more times when I wasn't.  I also know there will be a time in the future when I may never be able to do that again.

I want my neighbors to see me running in the neighborhood, because they have seen me walking with my cane.

I even custom designed my own 13.1 sticker on Cafepress.com.  Running has been a life saver for me and I want everyone to know it. If that is wrong or somehow offensive to Chad Stafko or anyone else who may think I'm full of myself, well I don't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment