Monday, July 1, 2013

Check off that bucketlist

Just the act of writing things down gives me such a sense of acomplishment and makes me believe I can achieve the things I write.  Writing puts many things in perspective for me, even if it is a list of "to do" items.  I know some folks kind of despise the dreaded "to do" lists, but not me.  I have several lists I carry around in my purse, and my head. I keep my grocery list written, a calendar with a list of bills that need paid, and daily chores.  All these lists are written and keep me on track.  My bucket list is one I carry in my head, mentally checking off each item and giving myself a little mental butt slap for every one I accomplish.

One of the biggest things I have always wanted to do is learn how to ride a motorcycle.   My dad has always ridden and currently has three bikes of his own. I remember riding with him when I was very little and loved it.  I know sounds silly for a grown woman to still hold on to this, but I always imagined  riding a motorcycle of my own someday.  I know this sounds silly to many people for a grown woman to hold on a desire like this for so many years, but I can't shake it.  I know they are dangerous for healthy riders who don't have balance and cognitive issues like I do with M.S., but I'm still going to learn.

 My fabulous husband came home from the local bike shop last week, and said "let's take the motorcycle course together".  I was shocked, and quite honestly more that just a little nervous, more than anything though, I'm so stinkin' excited I can't stand it.

Just because I have to deal with Multiple Sclerosis on a daily basis doesn't mean I can't still have hopes and dreams and work towards them everyday also.  My bucket list is always changing, as I'm always adding to it so this is just the beginning for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment